Sunday, December 23, 2007

Little girls bearing gifts...

Last week was our church Christmas program. Lindsey & Sydney participated again, more involved, and this year, they had friends! It really is their first year in Sunday School and there are two other little girls in their class. They were very excited for their part in the program.

Before we left the house, I had to get a couple pictures of my beauties. At first Sydney was not happy about the picture taking, and I caught her pouting! But then, she lightened up!

...you better not pout!

Happy now!

Christmas Beauties!


The Sunday School walked into the sanctuary while "O Come Little Children" was played. It's a tradition.

And now...the story of Jesus... Close up of the preschoolers


Then, it was time for their cue...and the four little girls brought gifts to baby Jesus and said:
"Oh come to my heart, Lord Jesus, there is room in my heart for thee."

Bringing gifts to baby Jesus...

O Come to my heart, Lord Jesus...


And then a big finish...singing, "Get all excited and tell everybody that...Jesus Christ is born!"

'


It certainly was fun for them (and all of us there)! Afterwards, we proceeded downstairs for cookies and all the kids, well, the whole congregation, received the traditional apple. Ah...such wonderful memories...

I still remember my very first Sunday School program in this same church. I can still recite my piece:

What can I give him, poor as I?
If I were a shepherd, I'd bring a lamb.
If I were a wiseman, I'd do my part.
Yet, what can I give him? Give him my heart.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Tanya Breese said...

Aw Kim, that is so sweet! Great pictures too. The girls are adorable. By the way, loved your Christmas card, Minne Snow Ta,lol!
Thanks!!
Oh, made your casserole, it was great! We don't have "southern hashbrowns" but I used hashbrowns o'brien instead.

Related Posts with Thumbnails