Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Things going on over the past week..

Seems I have a little bit of catching up to do. The girls and I have mostly been hanging out. Last week, we spent a little time planting some seeds that we acquired. I'm not sure where, but thought, hey-we'll try these out and see how it goes. It was fun just letting the girls do their thing. We planted three things, Zinnia, Helicrysum and Gypsophila. I don't know how they'll fare as it has been HOT here. Monday it was over 90*F! Too darn hot for us, especially in May. Plus it's been so dry. Our grass is already turning brown so we're having to water it. We'll keep you posted on how they do.

Planting flower seeds... A job well done!

My perennial gardens are doing well, really coming in nicely. It's been so fun seeing what's coming up. I'm sad though, as the crabapple trees are done blooming and the lilacs are on their way out too. It smelled SO GOOD here for several weeks!

Front garden...

Lilacs...MMMMmmmmmm!

Also last week, Dad took Lindsey on an errand and Sydney stayed home with me...AND with no tears! THIS is a big deal. We have been trying to ease our way into having a little separation between the girls. Literally, I can count on my two hands, the number of times they have been apart in their 4.5 years. The few times that we do separate them, there is always crying. THIS last time, NO crying! I guess the little trips more often are working. One thing that I've been doing with whoever is staying home with me (and it's usually Sydney), is trying to do a fun little thing; do a new craft, a project, etc. This last week, we popped popcorn on the stove and Sydney got to help from start to finish...and of course, then we ATE it! LOL! I have to admit...it is pretty cool to watch those kernels pop!
That is SO cool, Mom! Mmmmm....can I have some now?

And last but not least, I've been really getting into the thrifting these days. I'm just getting my feet wet, seeing what I can find, but it's been really fun! Last week I found these great children's books. The first was called The Hungry Fox and the Foxy Duck and the other was called A Garden for Miss Mouse. The girls LOVED them! Great illustrations. They took them to school for sharing time and they were a HIT! I'm always on the lookout for good books!
Thrifted books

The girls absolutely LOVED this book!

This week, we will be heading on a field trip with the girl's preschool class; to the farm and then a picnic at the lake! Should be fun!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails