Thursday, October 18, 2007

Down the shore, I go...

Tomorrow I am off the the Jersey shore to hang with some girlfriends. We are friends from all over, brought together by a common bond, having twins. We've made this an annual trip and this is our fifth year. It's something that I look forward to each October. I'll have lots to report when I get back (as well as some secrets!).

Tonight was hard. As the girls get older, it's actually been harder and harder for me to leave. Not to actually leave. I'm still getting on the plane tomorrow morning, but emotionally hard. I think, because, they are so articulate in telling you how much they'll miss you and love you and crying and on and on and on...

I had to spend about an extra 45 minutes with them tonight at bedtime because they just kept telling me over and over about how much they'll miss me. I think we got it worked out though. They just got tired and fell asleep! No, seriously, lots of talking. I told them they can call me when they want to talk to me and that Dad had all sorts of fun things planned (I hope so!). No, they are going to visit his parents and that's always fun! They don't get to see them that often. I told them that it was okay to miss me and that I'd miss them, but we'd all have fun. I told them that when they were missing me, then they should give their sister a hug and kiss. I told them that I was bringing their pictures with me so that I could look at them when I was missing them. We had LOTS of talking. Now they are sleeping, which is where I should be seeing as I have to get up in four hours.

I'll leave you with a couple pics of my lovely girls from the past couple weeks. Lindsey is so proud of her "apple face" and Sydney was having a great time at the orchard!

Lindsey and her apple "face"

Smiley Syndey, as usual!


Goodnight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pics! Really love the one of Lindsey with the apple!

PS we have that gym outfit too!

Elle

Anonymous said...

I think you need to make your blogg PRIVATE too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails