Tuesday, May 01, 2007

WalkAmerica was a SUCCESS!

Thank you all for your generous donations and support! We were, once again, Top Team for our walk location. We raised over $3,500 and I was able to exceed my personal goal as well! It was a beautiful day! 85*F and sunny to start. I will not complain about the weather, as the previous two years were rainy and snow flurries! But I will say that I was glad it clouded over a bit for most of the walk. A nice breeze off the Mississippi kicked up too. VERY nice!

Since I was on the planning committe and we were the Ambassador Family, we had to be there early to help set up and to take pictures. We set up a table with pics of the girls through the years. Amazing! In my last post, I posted a pic of our local newspaper. Here is another town's paper where we made the FRONT PAGE! It was a very nice article.
Ambassador Family - Red Wing, MN

And here is our Photo Display...
Lindsey & Sydney's Story board

Here are a couple shots during the walk at the first fun stop...
At the first Fun Stop...

Our little "Ambassadors"

And here are our little Ambassador's modeling our TEAM shirts!
Modeling the TEAM shirts!

I want to thank all the team walkers, Grandma Gloria, Uncle Darren, Aunt Kristy, Chelsea and Dylan, Aunt Jane, Brandon, Brenda, Ryan & William, Lisa and Andrea, Sandy and a special thanks to Mrs. Palla, Lindsey & Sydney's preschool teacher, who showed up to walk with us! We didn't expect her and it was such a nice surprise!

We had such fun and can't wait until next year!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails