Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Thrifting, gardening and babies...

I've been doing a little thrifting here and there. I came across this lovely afghan. The colors are beautiful and pictures just don't do it justice. It gives me sort of a...whimsical feeling.
Thrifted Afghan
Close up of Afghan

I also found some children's books that the girls love. My favorite is "There are Rocks in my Socks!" Very cute!
My batch of thrifted children's books... This book is so funny!

We were out at the garden last weekend and things are happening! The peas. Oh my! They are lovely and I just couldn't help myself. I had to eat some. Nothing better than fresh peas eaten right in the garden! DH also picked some beets and the lettuce looked good. The green beans will probably be ready this week too!
Yum, Yum!  Plump pea pods... The lettuce is looking good too!


I love, love these daylilies. And the daylilies have just been so BEAUTIFUL in front of our house!

Our front garden is looking so full; so different from a month ago. I think a little weeding is over though. This garden is one of my favorite parts of our yard. I love the little pond. The birds love it. The two crabapple trees are a gathering spot for all kinds of birds; cardinals, blue jays, robins, finches, orioles, bluebirds and we have some hummingbirds too. It's a gorgeous view from the kitchen table each morning!


A view of our front garden...

And because I can't not post any pics of Lindsey & Sydney, here they are at soccer last week with one of their classmates's new baby brother! They were very proud to be holding the baby!
Lindsey excited to be holding a new baby! Sydney proud to be holding a new baby!

We started swimming lessons yesterday. More to come on that soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim, just snagging a few minutes here to catch up on your blog. You are getting really good at this whole thrifting thing, and your girlies are as cute as ever. I love their little pig tales.

Theresa Coleman said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I so enjoyed yours -- I worked as a chaplain in a Level 4 NICU -- it's so good to see the sucess stories. It gladdened my heart so very much.

God Bless!

Tracy C. said...

Kim, that afghan is awesome! I love your garden too. We have had a rotten drought and it is dry and rustly over at the garden cullom

Related Posts with Thumbnails