Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Hearing phantom children...

My girls are staying overnight at their aunt & uncle's house tonight (my brother). They absolutely LOVE going there. They love them, their cousins, their pets, their swings...all the wonderful things that come along with family. I am so happy that we are moving to my hometown, so that my children can have the opportunity to really know their extended family, to have special relationships, not just visits. I had that as a child and my relationship with my family is VERY special.

See, there I go...off on a tangent again. The title to my entry is hearing phantom children. I'm wondering if anyone else thinks they hear their children laughing, crying, talking, whatever, when they are not there. It's been happening to me all evening, and more so now, that it's nighttime.

DH and I certainly got a lot accomplished today in regards to packing and loading (one of the reasons for the sleepover), but I sure do miss my girlies when they are gone! Actually, I know I'll miss them even more tomorrow morning when it's time for them to get up. It's my favorite part of the day, when they call for me, and I'll go in their room and hear, "Hi momma, it's morningtime!" or "Good morning, momma! I love you. You're the bestest momma EVER!" No wonder I have such great days! My cup runneth over even before the day has begun!

2 comments:

Tracy C. said...

Ahhh! I am so exited to 'see' you here! Congratulations on the move stuff.

Tanya Breese said...

Hey Kim!! Well, since B and D are never away from me, I don't know if I'd hear phanton children,lol. I love hearing about your family and the closeness of your extended fam. I wish we had that. Enjoy your weekend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails