Saturday, August 19, 2006

Vacation delay and sick kids

We are surviving here at my parent's house. This living out of a suitcase is for the birds though. Actually, we wouldn't have to live out of a suitcase, but my mom's clothes have overrun her closet (including my dad's side of the closet) and into the second bedroom closet. I went to hang up our stuff and there was no room and no hangars! Good thing I brought my own hangars. Mom took some of the clothes out and put them in her front entry closet for now mumbling, "I know. I know. I HAVE to go through these clothes!" Pretty funny.

As for our vacation, we have postponed it for a couple days and cancelled the first leg. We had planned to spend three night in Red Lodge, MT and drive the Beartooth Highway, tour Yellowstone, and then head down to Salt Lake City. We were going to leave last night (Friday), but now we're re-evaluating our plans.

The girls have been sick and two nights ago, Sydney couldn't sleep and was complaining of her ear hurting. I gave her Tylenol throughout the night and yesterday I took her in to get it checked. Yep, infected, and her throat is red and tonsils enlarged. She's not good with medicine, so I had them giver her a shot, and now I just have three days of Zithromax to give her. She's feeling A LOT better! I can't believe that since they left the NICU, this is the FIRST time they've had any antibiotic and it's the FIRST ear infection. Pretty good, if you ask me. They are almost four! I just hope Lindsey's doesn't develop into anything else either. She is still coughing, but not complaining of anything hurting.

So, I think we will leave tomorrow morning (Sunday) with the intention of heading to Cheyenne, WY. We may stay there a couple nights or move on down then road. It's about 12-13 hours for us to Cheyenne, and then another 6 hours to SLC. We have reservations in SLC on Tuesday & Wednesday night.

The rest of our itinerary goes something like this:

8/24-8/26 Brian Head, UT at our timeshare (I'm looking foward to the spa Cedar Breaks Lodge & Spa) We may tour around Zion National Park & Bryce Canyon, too.

8/26-8/28 Las Vegas, NV, our timeshare was booked (and why we are spending two days in Brian Head), so we are staying at a local hotel. Our friends our celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary. We're looking forward to visiting with all of our friends and for them to be able to see the girls. They did get to see them back in 2004 when we were out for a week, but the L & S were only 7 months old then.

8/28-8/31 Head home, no set plans, but we're fairly certain we're heading back the southern route this time via I-40. We're probably stopping in Albuquerque for the night, and then on through Oklahoma City where we'll pick up I-35 and head north home, making one more overnight stop around Kansas City. We need to be back by 8/31, but may try to get home on the 30th, just in case something comes up with our closing.

We are set to close on our new home on September 1 at 10 a.m. My mom is already mentioning to me about possibly having Thanksgiving at our house this year. We'll see.

I'm a little bummed that we had to cut out the Yellowstone part of our trip, as I was really looking forward to it. I think we'll make another trip out there sometimes and just stay in the area for a week. We have a timeshare in Big Sky which sounds VERY nice. Seems like a good plan for a future vacation.

In other news, it was Brian's 47th birthday yesterday! Happy Birthday Brian! We had a nice evening. My dad grilled some awesome steaks on the grill. Mom cooked garlic mashed potatoes and we also had fresh green beans, tomatoes, and cucumbers from my grandma's garden. We topped it off with cake from the local bakery which is well-known around here. People come from all over to our little hometown bakery. The girls sang Happy Birthday and he opened his cards. We love you, Brian!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails