Saturday, July 14, 2007

Okay...I know it's 10 days after the 4th, but...

here are some highlights of our day. We just got back from vacation yesterday (and I will have some trip pics of that up soon), so I didn't get a chance to share our 4th of July pics.

Our town has an annual fair that runs July 1-4. It actually started a day early this year. Too much stuff to fit in, I guess. B and I took them on Saturday to the midway and hit a few rides.
Dad and his girls enjoying the merry-go-round.

The girls loved the ferris wheel and went on it several times with Dad.
Way up high!

Sydney LOVES animalsSydney was ecstatic to be able to ride a pony!

And that evening we went to the Extreme Bullriding at the Grandstand. WAY COOL! L & S LOVED it! It lasted about 2.5 hours and they were captivated the entire time. I'm bummed that I didn't get any pics from there, but my SIL got one of the girls and I. My nephew participated in the Mutton Bustin' and he hung on the entire time. It was pretty fun to watch.

On Monday, July 2, Grandma Gloria took the grandkids (ours and my brothers) to the fair. They had a great time hanging with grandma and their cousins, as well as, great-aunt Sherri and cousin, Ryan. I heard that the mini-donuts were a hit and also, the BIG slide! But, alas, no pictures, as both grandma's forgot their cameras. What kind of grandma's do that? LOL! (I'm just kidding!)

On July 4th, we headed into town to watch the annual parade. They changed the route this year so we had to find new spots. It worked out well and we got a really nice shaded spot (it was 90*F!) sitting with grandma & grandpa and great-grandma Marcy. I love a parade...
Sydney & Lindsey What a FUN parade!

...and so do the girls!

After the parade, we headed over to Aunt Sherri's and Uncle Andy's for a little grilling and some swimming in the pool! It was a hot day, so it was nice to get a little cooled off.

All in all, it was a great day and weekend! You can see the slide show of all the pics on Flickr...HERE.

Thank you to all the men and women, past & present, who serve and defend our country. We are so very proud of and thankful for you!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails