Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring is here?

Well, yes, it really is. The robins are here, probably already making their nests and hanging out in our front yard trees. But again, today, we woke up to this:

March 21? Shot out my front window...

and a view of our back yard...

Spring? Shot of the backyard...

You'd think it was the first snow of the season! It's the heavy wet stuff that makes great snow balls and snowmen! Oh well...it will be in the 40's again in a few days and it will all melt!

And you will see in the following pictures how all our snow was about gone yesterday!

The visit with our former neighbors was all I expected it to be! Ang and the kids arrived around 11 a.m. and while the kids were circling, get reacquainted, Ang and I just slid right in to our regular conversations, catching up on things. I was whipping up a batch of Chocolate Chip cookies and then I put some coffee on we proceed to talk for the next SEVEN hours! LOL!

The kids played outside, inside, with games (Hullabaloo, always a fave!), Leapsters, in the bear den (our storage area under the stairs), and just pretty much had a great time. Then Angela took us out for lunch and afterwards, I gave her a little tour of my hometown. Then it was back home by 3 p.m., talked more and finally around 4 p.m. we actually sat down to work on the computer for bit on a spreadsheet, which was one of the main reasons for her coming down!

They were getting ready to leave about 5:50 p.m. and I yelled, "ACK! I have to get the camera and take a couple pictures of the kids before we go!" See, I knew I'd almost forget!

The kids have really grown and you KNOW everyone had a good time when the visitors cried because they didn't want to leave and when the hosts cried because they "missed their friends". "Can't M & G live with us?"

I had to throw in this picture because G just looks so cute with his winking. He was doing this on almost all of the pictures. Same ole G!

Gabe, quit making that goofy face!

Friends!

Oh, and T, we're getting lots of use out of the Razors and the skateboards! Thanks so much!

After they left, I quickly made the kids a peanut butter sandwich as we had to leave for church. We picked up Grandma Gloria and then Great-Grandma Marcy. We had to be at church early so Grandma and I could have a little choir practice before the service. It was a somber evening and the girls were worn out from playing outside most of the day. Lindsey fell asleep in the pew and I had to carry her out. She kept sleeping and even after we got home, we got her pj bottoms and right into bed she went, never waking up!

Today, the girls and I are hanging out. Dad just left to visit his brothers and friends for the annual Sucker Run, but he'll be back tomorrow. I just need to make my Grape Salad for Easter dinner at Great-Grandma's sometime. Pretty low key. For those interested...

Grape Salad

2 lbs. Green seedless grapes
2 lbs. Red seedless grapes
8 oz. sour cream
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Wash and stem grapes. Set aside.

Mix sour cream, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until blended. Stir grapes into mixture and pour into large serving bowl.

For topping: combine 1 cup brown sugar and 1 cup crushed pecans

Sprinkle half this mixture into the grape mixture and stir well. Sprinkle remaining brown sugar/pecans over the top of the grapes to cover completely. Chill overnight.

Happy Good Friday!

1 comment:

Tanya Breese said...

Good morning Kim! Sounds like a fun visit! Ha ha, I recognized the skateboards. I'm so glad that they are getting use and the scooters too!
I've got to run to the store and get my Easter food shopping done. I also have to pick up eggs, I completely forgot when I did Easter Bunny shopping, got the dye, just not the eggs and we need to do them this morning sometime as Ash has to babysit at 5 and the boys have practice at 4. Guess I should get moving!
Have a happy Easter if I don't talk to you before then!
The grape salad sounds yummy :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails