Saturday, March 08, 2008

Sunny Saturday

Sunny, yes. Warm? No. It's the time for crazy spring weather here in Minnesota. Below zero temps the past few days, which is unusual for March. But then in a blink of an eye, it will be in the 40's! I hear that's the word for later in the weekend.

I'm just sitting here in my comfy chair, fresh coffee, sun beating in my big front window, listening to the sounds of a Saturday morning. The girls are playing downstairs, one in their pajamas, and the other in her dance leotard (which she wears every chance she gets!). I can hear that the TV is on. DH is probably watching ESPN while he's running on the treadmill. There's crap all over the house, toys, dirty clothes that missed the basket, papers and markers strewn over the table, breakfast dishes waiting to be put in the dishwasher...

Ahhh, the normal everyday moments of a family. There were times in my life when I didn't think I'd ever get to experience this. I remember days where it was so very quiet, with just the rustle of a newspaper and DH and I would sit in peace. It was nice at times, but I wouldn't change this normal chaos for anything. It's hard to remember those days of quiet.

Ordinary. I just love it.

Nothing much going on today. I have an appointment to get my nails done! I'm excited. I'm a nailbiter so it will be nice to have beautiful nails again. Well, I didn't used to be a nailbiter. I had actually quit biting my nails for a long time, but then when the girls ended up in the NICU for 114 days, it was quite a nailbiting situation for me, and I reverted. Now it's become a bad habit again. So, I decided to use this gift certificate I won at the salon in town to do this for myself. I'll share some pics later. I should probably take some before pics too. The thing is, I really do have nice natural nails if I could let them grow. Hopefully, this will be what I need!

Last night, I met a girlfriend for dinner and conversation. Boy, do I enjoy talking with her! We have such great talks! She's one of those friends who really enjoys talking about subjects with meat: religion, politics, education choices, parenting, world events...I could go on and on, and while we agree on lots of things, there are also many things we vary on, but we can talk and listen to each other and I think we both learn a lot from each other. Always very insightful! Not to mention, she's a fellow twin mom. Her kids are about seven years older though. We've been friends for a long time and it's one of those friendships where we can go long periods of time without talking and then just pick right up where we left off. And neither of us gets upset because the other hasn't called or emailed. I just love her and I know that we'll be friends for the duration.

Stay warm! Enjoy the spring if it's coming where you live!

BTW, I'm participating with Six One Way over on Flickr. Here are my first two submissions. Have a great day!

Six One Way - #2

Six One Way - #1

2 comments:

Tanya Breese said...

Sounds like a lovely Saturday morning Kim. I agree, I love ordinary! I'm happy you got to get out last night and visit with a good friend, I only wish I could have tagged along!
Six One Way sounds interesting, I'll have to check it out when I'm finished packing. You've got me hooked on the WW, now probably the six one way if I check it out. I'm always starting something up to waste time,lol.
Well, I better head over to the grocery store. The snow stopped, now it's just cold and windy, yuck! Toodles!

Unknown said...

I love having my nails done, especially spa pedicures, sweeettttt! :)
I'm inviting you to list your mom blog for free and enter contests and giveaways for moms and babies on Hip Mama's Place!

Jocelyn @ www.hipmamasplace.com

Have a great day! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails