Friday, March 28, 2008

Hmm...I guess I DO have an accent!

Saw this over on my friend Tanya's blog.

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Inland North
 

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

The Midland
 
The Northeast
 
Philadelphia
 
The South
 
The West
 
Boston
 
North Central
 
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz

Oh, and yes, I do call those carbonated beverages POP!

Come on! Play with me. What accent do you have?

3 comments:

Tanya Breese said...

Kim ,I don't think you have a heavy accent at all. I can sort of hear it, but not alot, more so on some words.
It's funny, Ashlyn took it this morning and got something like "North Central" which said it was Minnesota,lol. Funny since we've not lived there and I don't hear any accent from her at all. I'm curious to see how she answered some things,lol.

Anonymous said...

I never get those annoying questions, but I do get people who say I let my syllables go on for about 3 seconds before continuing a word, which I'm told is a bit odd.

Tanya Breese said...

Where have you been missy?!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails